5 Steps to Create Your Own Class with CUE
Do you have a love for a particular subject matter (whether it be a hobby, technical skill, or special interest) AND a desire to share what you know & enjoy learning?
CUE can help you plan your own successful course from start to finish — so that you can grow in an even deeper knowledge of your subject matter & present your knowledge to others.
It’s about COMMUNITY: gathering, sharing, learning together.
Learn how you can make a difference… how to become a person of impact and satisfy the desire to do things of significance in your life — by giving of your talents and energy in a meaningful way to helping others discover joy, fulfillment and reward.
IMAGINE: What courses could you teach?
Step 1 – Discover & Define Your Passion
- What do people constantly tell you you’re good at?
- What problem can you solve?
- What could you easily work on, or talk about for hours?
- What energizes you?
Step 2 -Develop Your Course Overview & Content
- Target Audience
- Course Format
- Date & Time
- Course Fee
- Notes & Handouts
Step 3 – Marketing & Registrations for Your Class
- CUE will handle marketing, registrations and payment processing
- CUE catalog
- CUE website & Facebook
- Online registrations
- YOU will be able to help promote your class through
- Word of mouth
- Facebook, etc.
Step 4 – Teach Your Class
- Arrive early & prepared
- Welcome learners
- Support the students & focus on what they’re doing right
- Be prepared. Present a quality class in a clear, concise manner
- Involve hands-on or interactive learning: in order for students to learn deeply, they need to be active, engaged, inspired, involved.
- Have fun in the process!
- Be part of your students’ conversation. Answer questions and embrace their creativity. Who knows? Maybe you’ll learn something too.
- Get feedback – Participant evaluation forms are provided by CUE.
Step 5 – Get Paid
- Make money doing what you love!
There are many topics you could choose from: healthy cooking or baking, chess, arts & creativity, music, photography, computers, finance, health and wellness, and more!
Bring your unique skills and knowledge to the community!
What class could you teach? Please contact me:
Jennifer Swenson, Director